Sunday, May 12, 2013

X-Men Annual 14: Days of Future Pants

OH BOY ANOTHER ANNUAL.
 

Despite having the master Arthur Adams drawing a Chris Claremont script, this issue is still kind of a turd. Mostly because it involves a boring crossover with X-Factor and the Fantastic Four. The FF really sucked during this era, probably the most boring family in all the Marvel Universe. And Louise Simonson's X-Factor squad was mostly crap.

But, Gambit and young Storm make it back to the X-Mansion (well the basement anyway, as the above ground structure is still nothing but rubble) and find Forge, Banshee and New Mutants, who have been squatting in the facilities during the X-Men's absence. So that's at least relevant to the regular series.

I also remember getting pissed off when I learned that this issue technically came out a couple weeks before X-Men 266, making it the first appearance of Gambit, even though the events in the book happen after the events of 266 based on the internal continuity of the comic books. This was also before the comic book shop opened up in my home town so I had to buy comics off spinner racks at some bobo convenience store by the train station and I never bought this issue. So I had to get much later because it costs like 20 bucks which IS BULLSHIT because as I mentioned, it IS NOT REALLY the first appearance of Gambit, it just happened that way because of the vagaries of Annual publishing schedules.

YUP STILL BITTER ABOUT THIS SHIT. I bought X-Men 266 for a dollar, I'm not shelling out 20 buckaroos for a shit annual just because you feebs can't keep up with story in the fucking books.

Whatever, this issue also starred Rachel Summers, who blows. MOVING ON DOT ORG.

No comments:

Post a Comment